Turning on your UA Scale
Before attempting to pair your UA Scale™ to your phone, make sure it is powered on.
- With the UA Scale front facing down, pull the flap of thin film out of the battery compartment until it is completely removed.
- Turn your UA Scale over. It should now be turned on.
Note: Your UA Scale will go into Sleep mode after 60 seconds of inactivity. Press or step on it firmly to wake it up. If your battery power is too low, your UA Scale will show a low battery animation after it starts. Your batteries need to be replaced.
Positioning your UA Scale
Connecting your UA Scale to your Phone
1. Before attempting to connect your scale to your mobile phone, make sure to:
- Download and install UA Record on your phone.
- Turn on Bluetooth® in your phone's settings.
- Place your UA Scale near your phone.
- Place UA Scale is in range of your Wi-Fi router.
2. Launch the UA Record app on your phone.
- If you are a new UA Record user, tap Register to create your UA Record account.
- If you already have a UA Record or MapMyFitness account, log in using your email and password.
5. After successfully pairing your UA Scale to your phone, you will be asked to enable/disable BEI, or Bioelectrical Impedance, which is the method used to measure body fat %. If you are interested in the scale calculating and recording body fat, you must have this setting enabled.
6. Once you have selected your preference for BEI, tap "Next."
Connecting your UA Scale to WiFi
IMPORTANT: UA Scale only supports Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g. It cannot connect to enterprise networks.
8. Once paired to your phone and connected to Wi-Fi, your UA Scale should be ready to roll! Step up when prompted to begin measuring your weight and body fat %.
Please note the following about your UA Scale: